1. On Monday, my husband and I finished moving the last of my school stuff to my new classroom. I had been in that room for 4 years and had some great times and some pretty low times. It was hard to turn in my key knowing that I wouldn't be back in the same room next year. I am looking forward to next year, a new grade level, and finally being in the main building. I've been at 2 schools and 3 different grade levels and I've ALWAYS been in an outside building. Isn't that funny! Now I'll finally not have to worry about leaving my keys in my room and being locked out. Plus my new room is bigger!! Here are some pictures of my empty room.
2. I took a really neat class this week called iCreate on a Mobile Device. It was a class that my district held but the instructor was an educator who works for Apple. I know dream job!! I learned about this new app that I can't wait to use with my Second Graders. It's called Haiku Deck. The kids can create slide presentations on just about any topic. I was also thinking they could use them to publish their writing and since I'm teaching in the Dual Language program the kids could make slides of vocabulary words in either language as a tutorial for others. It would have the picture and then the word in both English and Spanish.
3. This little guy learned how to stand up in his crib. Yikes!!
He's been pulling up for a few weeks now but this week was the first time he did it in his crib. So we had to lower his crib (sad face)...they grow up too fast!
4. This year my next door teaching neighbor retired (super duper sad face). She is the one that encouraged me over and over to join TpT until I finally did. I owe her a lot! Anyways, I got to see her this week because she is borrowing our bumbo for her niece that is visiting. She gave us a gift card to Chick-fil-a as a thank you, so we took our boys today. Mason was really excited, he kept saying nuggets almost all the way there. Poor Maddox all he got were some cheerios. Here are my two little boys.
5. I spent a lot of time creating and working on my blog this week. It's been a ton of fun meeting new teaching friends and learning new things. I added a pinterest hover over button and a new "add my button" button!
Thanks for reading my very first Five for Friday! Check out my last blog post for a classroom management freebie.