I've decided to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share my five highlights of my Spring Break week.
Click on the button above to join the linky party.
1. The biggest part of my week was that I took my youngest to get his first haircut and boy was it hard! I cried all the way home! See he is my last baby and I was holding onto the fact that I wanted to keep all his cute baby curls. I know they will grow back but it's still hard. My husband has been asking since October to get his hair cut and I kept saying I will on Spring Break. I never knew Spring Break would get here that fast :(. My baby really likes his hair shorter though.
2. The boys and I found a super cool kids play place not to far from our house. Mason went to a party there on Saturday and while we were there I noticed that they have open play hours during the week. The boys and I went on Tuesday and I was surprised at how it wasn't crowded. It was a big hit!
3. Both of my boys are huge fans of all things with wheels, so we also went to ride the train that is near the zoo. We were super lucky because right when we pulled up in the parking lot, the train was also pulling up in the station. We didn't have to wait at all! Also, let me mention that I'm not a fan of selfies but since I've been losing weight they aren't so bad. I still have awhile to go but I'm getting there. So far I've lost 17 total and I started on January 20th.
4. Today has been a catch up day for school stuff. I printed out the stuff for my new spring sentence editing station. Now, I just need to cut them and laminate them. You can click on the picture to see them in my store.
I also made a sentence editing starter pack as a freebie. You can grab it by clicking on the picture below.
5. This week I also planned on finishing my Texas unit that I've been working on since last year. Let's just say that this unit doesn't want to be finished. I've stopped and started so much. I need to finish this!
Instead of finishing this unit this week, I finished the freebie under number 4 and updated 3 of my sentence packs. I also started working on some writing foldables for my kiddos. Next week we start our poetry unit and the kids will be writing poems that create sensory images. I'm going to start off the week with this foldable where the kids can write a list for these 4 senses. I think they will like it! Anything to get them writing....right? :)
Well those are five of my highlights from my Spring Break. Thanks for reading and I hope you grabbed my freebie that is listed under number 4. I'm in the process of getting my blog redesigned, so hopefully my next post will be about that :).